Re: NAMEDATALEN increase because of non-latin languages - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Julien Rouhaud
Subject Re: NAMEDATALEN increase because of non-latin languages
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 8:04 PM John Naylor
<john.naylor@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> > Agreed, but I don't have access to such hardware.  However this won't
>
> Well, by "recent" I had in mind something more recent than 2002, which is the time where I see a lot of hits in the
archivesif you search for this topic.

Yeah, but my current laptop has a tendency to crash after a few minute
if I stress it too much, so I'm still out.

> If you mean the thread "Protect syscache from bloating with negative cache entries", it had activity earlier this
year,so I wouldn't give up hope just yet.

Yes that's the thread I was thinking about.  I'm not giving up hope
either, but I also don't see it being solved for v15.

> The main thing I'm worried about is the fact that a name would no longer fit in a Datum. The rest I think we can
mitigatein some way.

Agreed.