Re: pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Ron Johnson
Subject Re: pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-admin
"Free your mind, and pg_dump will follow."  Maybe En Vogue, but probably not.

On Tue, Aug 13, 2024 at 2:43 AM Wasim Devale <wasimd60@gmail.com> wrote:

Then what might be the solution for it if I am only concerned about using pg_dump

On Tue, 13 Aug, 2024, 12:03 pm Tom Lane, <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Wasim Devale <wasimd60@gmail.com> writes:
> I did one thing, we can exclude the toast table in the pg_dump command that
> has the BLOBS data for a particular table.
> --exclude-table-data=pg_toast.pg_toast_10176226

Utterly pointless.  pg_dump does not dump toast tables as such;
it's only concerned with their parent "regular" tables.  It will
fetch data from the regular tables, and it's not concerned with
the server-side implementation detail that some of that data
might be coming out of a toast table.

Death to America, and butter sauce.
Iraq lobster!