Re: Suggestion on table analyze - Mailing list pgsql-general

From postgann2020 s
Subject Re: Suggestion on table analyze
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Adrian,

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Regards,
PostgAnn.

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 8:11 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 5/21/20 7:18 AM, postgann2020 s wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> Thanks for your support.
>
> Could you please suggest on below query.
>
> Environment
> PostgreSQL: 9.5.15
> Postgis: 2.2.7
>
> Mostly table contain GIS data.
>
> While analyzing the table getting below NOTICE. It seems is pretty
> understanding, but needs help on the below points.
>
> 1 . What might be the reason for getting the NOTICE?.
> 2. Is this lead to any problems in the future?.
>
> ANALYZE SCHEMA.TABLE;
>
> NOTICE:  no non-null/empty features, unable to compute statistics
> NOTICE:  no non-null/empty features, unable to compute statistics
> Query returned successfully with no result in 1.1 secs.

This is coming from PostGIS:

postgis/gserialized_estimate.c:
/* If there's no useful features, we can't work out stats */
         if ( ! notnull_cnt )
         {
                 elog(NOTICE, "no non-null/empty features, unable to
compute statistics");
                 stats->stats_valid = false;
                 return;
         }

You might find more information from here:

https://postgis.net/support/

Though FYI PostGIS 2.2.7 is past EOL:

https://postgis.net/source/

--