Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch] - PostgreSQL deployment on Amazon RDS - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Akshay Joshi
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch] - PostgreSQL deployment on Amazon RDS
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi Khushboo

Following are the review comments:

GUI:
  • Can we rename the menu 'Deploy and Register a Cloud Instance...' to only 'Deploy Cloud Instance...' as we already have a Register menu?
  • Change the title of the server dialog from 'Create Server' to 'Register Server'. Change the documentation and respective screenshots as well.
  • Every time the wizard is open, I get "vendor.others.js?ver=60400:2 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'protocol')" in the browser console.
  • Can we use the AWS standard icon, we had a discussion but I forgot.
  • Rename the label from 'Default Region' to 'Region' as it is not the default one.
  • Region name should be displayed in full like (Africa (Cape town) af-south1, Asia Pacific (Mumbai) ap-south1.
  • The label should be corrected 'AWS secret access Key' to 'AWS secret access key'.
  • When validating the credentials the message 'Validating Credentials...' is Info not an error it should be displayed in Blue color.
  • Fetching instance type taking some time can we show spinner until the response comes?
  • For Burstable classes, instance type not coming.
  • Instance type should have more info like CPU, RAM etc.
  • If there is no change in the port field or type 5432, we get 'Error while saving cloud wizard data: 'aws_db_port'.
  • Public IP Range is optional, as per implementation, but when it is not provided then we get 'Error while saving cloud wizard data: 'aws_public_ip'. The error message should be proper and add validation at the wizard page itself if Public IP Range is not optional.
  • Process logs come after the completion of the process. Is it possible to display ongoing logs if any?
  • After completion of the deployment process, the server deployment icon is not changed until we refresh the browser tree.
  • On refreshing the browser tree if try to connect to the newly deployed server, no action will be performed, try double click or the 'Connect Server' menu.
Code:
  • Fixed PEP8.
  • pgacloud folder should be inside the pgadmin folder. Any specific reason why it is outside of the code hierarchy?
  • Similarly why cloud folder placed inside the misc folder, can't this be a part of pgacloud? pgacloud is a complete module itself. Files belonging to Cloud deployment will be used by only that module.
  • Some new files inside misc/cloud and '1586db67b98e_.py' still have copyright headers as of 2013-2021 please correct those.
  • Fix SonarQube issues (newly introduced only) in cloud.js, cloud_db_details_schema.ui.js, CloudWizard.jsx, processes.py.
  • There are two files rds.py with the same name, if possible/feasible change the name of one of the files.
  • "_cloud.scss", and "cloud.js " files contain references of grant wizard. Please correct those.
  • The size of the screenshots in the documentation is not consistent and the background color should be other than white while taking a screenshot.
  • In "pgacloud/providers/rds.py" file '/Users/khushboovashi/.aws/credentials'' sting should not be hardcoaded.
Note: Not tested each and every scenario.