ERDTool alpha version for trial - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Akshay Joshi
Subject ERDTool alpha version for trial
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi All

pgAdmin team has pleased to announce that we have implemented the new feature ERDTool (Alpha). It is not released yet as it is in the alpha phase, so we are providing the installers for trial purposes.

We highly appreciate it if a larger audience test this new ERDTool and provide their feedback(positive/negative)

How to use:

1) You can start a new ERD project from Tools -> New ERD Project. This will open a blank canvas. Use the add button to create tables. Use - "1M" for one to many links. Explore other options as well.

image.png.      image.png

2) Alternatively, you can also generate the ER diagram for an existing database. This will pull all the tables, link them, and arrange them. You can also auto arrange it from the toolbar button.

image.png.   image.png

3) You can save the project. The extension used here by the tool is .pgerd. You can load this project anytime later.

image.png

4) Once you're happy, you can click on the "Generate SQL" to get the DDL. This will open a new query tool with DDL.
Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 2.29.17 PM.png.    image.png

--
Thanks & Regards
Akshay Joshi

Attachment