Re: [GENERAL] postgres: dbname dbuser 9.9.9.9[2222] PARSE waiting - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Melvin Davidson
Subject Re: [GENERAL] postgres: dbname dbuser 9.9.9.9[2222] PARSE waiting
Date
List pgsql-general

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 4:10 PM, DrakoRod <drakoflames@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi folks.

Today I had a problem with production's database PostgreSQL version 9.4.4.9.
The server have max_connections set to 200, but today I reviewed
pg_stat_activity and saw 199 active connections, obviously the server
rejected any new connection and the production stopped.

I saw another posts with a similar problems, but this was because the
pg_xlog was full or disk does'nt write, but the directory and disk  had no
problems.

I just canceled some SELECTs querys and the server returned to normality.
Now a monitoring activity of server and I can see some backends like this:

postgres  9737 23340  2 14:55 ?        00:00:15 postgres: dbname user
8.8.8.8[37082] idle in transaction
postgres  9741 23340  9 14:55 ?        00:00:47 postgres: dbname user
8.8.8.8[54286] idle in transaction

Any suggestions?

-----
Dame un poco de fe, eso me bastará.