Re: Getting truncated queries from pg_stat_statements - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Melvin Davidson
Subject Re: Getting truncated queries from pg_stat_statements
Date
List pgsql-general
Since you are on 9.3. you might want to consider using PgBadger as a better way to get information about slow queries.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pgbadger/

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 6:41 PM, Tim Uckun <timuckun@gmail.com> wrote:
Ok thanks. I am still on 9.3 so I'll adjust that setting.

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 12:15 PM, Peter Geoghegan <peter.geoghegan86@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 2:37 PM, Tim Uckun <timuckun@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to get some slow query information and the results from my query
> are truncated at 2047 characters.   Some of my queries are very long so they
> get truncated in the select. Is there a way around this?

Yes. This is fixed in PostgreSQL 9.4, so that query texts can be of
virtually unlimited size and still be stored. Otherwise, it depends on
your track_activity_query_size setting.

--
Regards,
Peter Geoghegan