Re: Incremental backup with RSYNC or something? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Benjamin Henrion
Subject Re: Incremental backup with RSYNC or something?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Phoenix Kiula <phoenix.kiula@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 6:13 AM, Alex Thurlow <alex-reports@blastro.com> wrote:
>> On 11/22/2011 3:28 PM, Merlin Moncure wrote:
>> How long is this backup taking?  I have a ~100GB database that I back up
>> with pg_dump (which compresses as it dumps if you want it to) and that only
>> takes 35 minutes.  Granted, I have it on some fast SCSI drives in RAID 1,
>> but even a single SATA drive should still finish in a decent amount of time.
>

> Hi Alex, could you share what exact command you use? Mine are SCSI
> too, in RAID 10, but the dump takes over 2-3 hours (60 GB database)
> and the CPU consumption during this time is huge.

I wrote a bunch of shell scripts tools to backup postgres 9.1 with
rsync/ccollect (another hardlink tool), I might find the time to
publish it on github once I find the time.

--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-4148403