Re: Is a modern build system acceptable for older platforms - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Yuriy Zhuravlev
Subject Re: Is a modern build system acceptable for older platforms
Date
List pgsql-hackers
It is correct that Gmail is incapable of this in the web browser. Many other email systems can though, and Gmail still speaks imap so you can use those if you prefer.

Mail programs outside web browser not popular anymore and this standalone programs became very slow to grow (for example Thunderbird).
I am really don't want to install anything if GMail covers 99% of my usage. We back to personal habits again...
Also, github have API and you can make your own App with a custom interface.

(and there are of course many ways to tag and categorize your email, many more so than with issues. Specifically bookmarks will of course depend on your mail program)
but you should do it by yourself, it`s too many works. On github moderator can put tags from the pre-prepared list, I think it's better.

but as a communications tool I'd say email is vastly superior, particularly thanks to the flexibility.

I agree, you right but I told about another type of flexible. From your type of flexible, we have some sort of problems.
For example, complicated to make a good search over the archives. It's a tradeoff and by my impression GitHub like way better but it's again personal impression

PS on github you can edit your message and you have highlighted for source code...