Re: WIP: System Versioned Temporal Table - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: WIP: System Versioned Temporal Table
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 9:19 PM Ryan Lambert <ryan@rustprooflabs.com> wrote:

>> Updated v11 with additional docs and some rewording of messages/tests
>> to use "system versioning" correctly.
>>
>> No changes on the points previously raised.
>>
> Thank you!  The v11 applies and installs.  I tried a simple test, unfortunately it appears the versioning is not
working.The initial value is not preserved through an update and a new row does not appear to be created.

Agreed. I already noted this in my earlier review comments.

I will send in a new version with additional tests so we can see more
clearly that the tests fail on the present patch.

I will post more on this next week.

--
Simon Riggs                http://www.EnterpriseDB.com/