Re: Table Export & Import - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sathish Kumar
Subject Re: Table Export & Import
Date
Re: Table Export & Import  (Michel Pelletier <pelletier.michel@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi Adrian,
We are exporting live table data to a new database, so we need to stop our application until the export/import is completed. We would like to minimise this downtime.

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019, 10:22 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 3/31/19 11:09 PM, Sathish Kumar wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> We have a requirement to copy a table from one database server to
> another database server. We are looking for a solution to achieve this
> with lesser downtime on Prod. Can you help us with this?

So what is creating the downtime now?

In addition to other suggestions you might want to take a look at:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/postgres-fdw.html

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com