PG8.3->10 migration data differences - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Csaba Ragasits
Subject PG8.3->10 migration data differences
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

We would like to migrate our old databases to new postgres server, with the simple backup-restore process. The process run fine without errors but when we're  checking the source and the migrated datas as field level, we found the following differences:

For example:

Field type: TIMESTAMP WITHOUT TIME ZONE NOT NULL
pg93: 2015-08-28 21:25:07.70
pg10: 2015-08-28 21:25:07.7

Field type: REAL
pg93: 2.2
pg10: 2.20000005

When I check the 8.3 pg_dump file, it contains the pg83 correct values.

Do you have any ideas, why different this values?

Thx,
Csaba