Test disk reliability (or HGST HTS721010A9E630 surprisingly reliable) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Félix GERZAGUET
Subject Test disk reliability (or HGST HTS721010A9E630 surprisingly reliable)
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I am trying to assess disk reliability.
After reading http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/wal-reliability.html, I tried the recommended diskchecker.pl but I am not satisfied:

I always get:
Total errors: 0

even if I tested with with a HGST HTS721010A9E630 that the vendor's datasheet (http://www.hgst.com/sites/default/files/resources/TS7K1000_ds.pdf) advertise as "
Designed for low duty cycle, non mission-critical applications in PC,nearline and consumer electronics environments, which vary application to application
"

Since it is not, a high end disk, I expect some errors.

Here is my methodology:

On another machine: disckchecker.pl -l
On the tested machine: disckchecker.pl -s IP_OF_OTHER_MACHINE create test_file 500
Perform an electrical reboot of the tested machine (the web application of my hosting service warn me that my application will not be properly stopped)
On the tested machine: disckchecker.pl -s IP_OF_OTHER_MACHINE verify test_file
[...]
Total errors: 0

I re-did the test 5 times. The tested machine is a real machine, not a VM.

Could you please correct me, If am doing something wrong, or give me some pointers to some other methods.

Félix