Re: [NOVICE] WHERE clause not used when index is used - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: [NOVICE] WHERE clause not used when index is used
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 1 March 2016 at 20:03, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

In any event, I am now of the opinion that this patch needs to be reverted
outright and returned to the authors for redesign.  There are too many
things wrong with it and too little reason to think that we have to have
it in 9.5.

Agreed; I'd already got to this thought while reading the thread.

I'll get on with that.

The patch is not of great importance to us? Since we are past 9.6 deadline it seems just worth reverting and leaving for next release to come back with a more isolated optimization. I don't want to add the last CF workload with this.