Re: Renaming of pg_xlog and pg_clog - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Renaming of pg_xlog and pg_clog
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 26 August 2016 at 04:39, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am relaunching $subject as 10 development will begin soon. As far as
> I know, there is agreement that we can do something here. Among the
> different proposals I have found:
> - pg_clog renamed to pg_commit_status, pg_xact or pg_commit
> - pg_xlog renamed to pg_xjournal, pg_wal or pg_journal

Don't mean to be a party pooper, but what discussion and agreement are
we referring to here?

If we are going to suggest doing something we really should summarize
the reason for doing it rather than assume it is self evident, cos it
certainly isn't.