Re: BDR support for postgres 10 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: BDR support for postgres 10
Date
List pgsql-admin
On 26 March 2018 at 12:18, Alvaro Aguayo Garcia-Rada
<aaguayo@opensysperu.com> wrote:

> BDR is not yet available for PostgreSQL 10.
>
> Current alternatives are:
>
> - BDR 1.x, based on a patched PostgreSQL 9.4, available publicly
> - BDR 2.0, based on community PostgreSQL 9.6, available only to 2ndQuadrant support customers
>
> BDR 3.0, which should also be based on community PostgreSQL 9.6, is supposed to be released publicly soon. It's not
yetclear if it will or not work with PostgreSQL 10.

BDR 3.0 is still under development and will work on community PostgreSQL 10+.

2ndQuadrant is prioritising our work on core PostgreSQL 11 at present,
but expect something before end 2Q2018.