Re: Releasing in September - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Releasing in September
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 20 January 2016 at 16:29, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

I think one thing we should work on, is being absolutely religious about
requiring, say, 2 reviews for every nontrivial contribution.  We
currently seem to have a significantly increased submission rate, and at
the same time the number of reviews per patch has gone down
substantially.  I think the "honor" system has failed in that regard.

It failed because its never mentioned or even attempted to be enforced.

Some way to balance submissions against reviews is now essential.

If we believe in "peer review", we need peers that review.