Re: Freeze avoidance of very large table. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Freeze avoidance of very large table.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 9 October 2015 at 15:20, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 1:52 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> I don't see the problem? I mean catversion will reliably tell you which format the vm is in?

Totally agreed.

This isn't an agreement competition, its a cool look at what might cause problems for all of us.

If we want to avoid bugs in future then we'd better start acting like that is actually true in practice.

Why should we wave away this concern? Will we wave away a concern next time you personally raise one? Bruce would have me believe that we added months onto 9.5 to improve robustness. So lets actually do that. Starting at the first opportunity.