Re: monitoring CREATE INDEX [CONCURRENTLY] - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: monitoring CREATE INDEX [CONCURRENTLY]
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 28 Mar 2019 at 14:56, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

I have not reinstated phase numbers; I have Rahila's positive vote for
them.  Do I hear any more votes on this issue?

If there is a specific technical issue, I'd like to understand that more. If it is just a usability preference, then I say we should have numbers.

Numbering is natural for people. If we say "It's currently doing phase XYZ", they will say "Is that the 3rd phase?", we'll say "No, actually the 5th", and then they will say "Why didn't you just number them?"