Re: Proposal: Trigonometric functions in degrees - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Proposal: Trigonometric functions in degrees
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 26 October 2015 at 10:18, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Dean Rasheed <dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com> writes:
> On 25 October 2015 at 09:16, Emre Hasegeli <emre@hasegeli.com> wrote:
>> I would prefer gradian over degree.

> I think gradians are generally less commonly used than degrees and
> radians, so I'm less inclined to include them.

I agree.  gradians are not often used at all, AFAICT.

I've never seen anyone use a gradian, even though my calculator had them when I was 16.

I even misread the request, thinking he meant "radians". Definitely -1 to gradians in PostgreSQL.

Also -1 to furlongs, fortnights, pecks and hundredweight, amongst others.