Re: [DOCS] Use of term Master/Slave - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: [DOCS] Use of term Master/Slave
Date
Re: [DOCS] Use of term Master/Slave
Re: [DOCS] Use of term Master/Slave
List pgsql-docs
On 31 July 2017 at 22:13,  <sabrina.iqbal@target.com> wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/release-9-6.html
>
> Wondering why PostgreSQL still uses the terms master and slave when there
> are other terms like primary/secondary that can be used in the same manner.

Do you think primary/secondary is more descriptive?

I started using the terms Primary and Secondary in the original use,
but I think we've moved away from that towards Master/Standby, which
fits better with a world where "muti-master" is a frequently used term
and an eventual goal in core. Multi-primary doesn't seem to make much
sense.