Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix pg_receivexlog --synchronous - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix pg_receivexlog --synchronous
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 29 August 2016 at 12:34, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Fix pg_receivexlog --synchronous
>
> The buildfarm says you broke the 9.5 branch.
>
> In general, pushing inessential patches just a few hours before a wrap
> deadline is a dangerous business.  Pushing them without any testing
> is close to irresponsible.

Sorry about that everybody. Thanks to Alvaro for doing that in my absence.

I pushed to 9.5 because of a misunderstanding that the author was
saying to me they had also tested it for 9.5. It was not knowingly
untested, but responsibility and mistake was mine in not confirming
that with my own eyes before pushing.