Re: Autovaccum failure with Postgres 8.3.14? (max-fsm_pages issue?) - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Subhasis Bhattacharya
Subject Re: Autovaccum failure with Postgres 8.3.14? (max-fsm_pages issue?)
Date
List pgsql-admin
Thanks Craig,

We have plans to upgrade to a later version of postgres, but that could take a while.

Meantime, I wanted to understand whether the autovacuum failure could be linked to the fact that the stats collector could not update (rename) the pgstats file?

Thanks and Regards,
Subhasis

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 6:35 PM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 11/23/2012 07:32 PM, Subhasis Bhattacharya wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Recently a postgres database embedded within our product faced a
> series of hiccups at a customer site, as follows:
8.3?

An old 8.3 at that?

Do you have any upgrade plans? I'm pretty sure I remember seeing this
discussed a long time ago, but it hasn't come up recently.

--
 Craig Ringer                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/