Re: Perl 5.26 and windows build system - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sandeep Thakkar
Subject Re: Perl 5.26 and windows build system
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi
On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 2:08 PM Victor Wagner <vitus@wagner.pp.ru> wrote:
Colleagues,

Since Active State stopped to distribute perl 5.22, we decided to
upgrade installer builds to most use recent version available
(5.26.1.2601 now).

But upstream perl changes policy around this version and no longer
adds current directory to the module search path.

This doesn't break work of build.pl, which allready handles module
search path itself, but breaks install.pl, mkvcbuild.pl and
vcregress.pl, which
expect to be started from src/tools/msvc.

Simple adding

use lib ".";

to the beginning of these script solves problem.

BTW, have anyone experienced some success using Strawberry perl instead
of Active perl both for building postgres and as PL/Perl engine?

We observed the same issue with Strawberry Perl 5.26. We use 5.24 to execute the build.pl.

Active State seems to abandon support for 32-bit windows and strawberry
perl license allows redistribution.

Sandeep Thakkar