[HACKERS] PostgreSQL10 beta2 with ICU - initdb fails on MacOS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sandeep Thakkar
Subject [HACKERS] PostgreSQL10 beta2 with ICU - initdb fails on MacOS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi

On MacOS, I configured PG10 beta2 sources with '--with-icu" option along with ICU_LIBS and ICU_CFLAGS env variables to define the location of the ICU libs that I built. Once the staging is ready, I executed initdb but it fails with the following error:
--
$./initdb -D /tmp/data
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "buildfarm".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale "en_US.UTF-8".
The default database encoding has accordingly been set to "UTF8".
The default text search configuration will be set to "english".

Data page checksums are disabled.

creating directory /tmp/data ... ok
creating subdirectories ... ok
selecting default max_connections ... 100
selecting default shared_buffers ... 128MB
selecting dynamic shared memory implementation ... posix
creating configuration files ... ok
running bootstrap script ... ok
performing post-bootstrap initialization ... 2017-07-12 11:18:21.187 BST [53618] FATAL:  could not open collator for locale "und": U_FILE_ACCESS_ERROR
2017-07-12 11:18:21.187 BST [53618] STATEMENT:  SELECT pg_import_system_collations('pg_catalog');
child process exited with exit code 1
initdb: removing data directory "/tmp/data"
--

Has anyone came across this? This error is not seen on Linux and Windows though.

--
Sandeep Thakkar
EDB