Database Administrator - Digital Domain - Vancouver or Montreal Canada - Mailing list pgsql-jobs

From Deke Kincaid
Subject Database Administrator - Digital Domain - Vancouver or Montreal Canada
Date
List pgsql-jobs
The visual effects studio Digital Domain is looking for a DBA that specializes in PostgreSQL to eventually work in either our Vancouver or Montreal, Canada offices.

Duration: Full Time Staff
Starts: immediately

Position Summary

The Core Software Team at Digital Domain is responsible for core tools and services in use across our facilities, including asset, task, and software management, dailies, analytics, and core Python libraries that underpin the production of major feature films, commercials, television episodics, VR, and more.

The Core Software DBA is responsible for collaborating with the rest of the team on the designing, testing, planning, implementing, protecting, operating, managing, and maintaining of Digital Domain’s numerous databases, used company-wide by artists and software engineers on all of our productions.

Principal duties and responsibilities:

* Provide guidance and support for appropriate database-driven service and application design, helping the team achieve greater efficiency and expressiveness for the systems which lie at the heart of our business.
* Take a leading role in schema design, code review, query tuning in our Postgres centric environment
* Evaluate and refine current strategies for tuning, backup, scaling, and upgrading Postgresql installations and deployments
* Collaborate with systems on appropriate provisioning and setup of the underlying hardware
* Help standardize processes for working with databases over our products life cycles

Qualifications

* B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science or related professional experience
* Experience with key technologies, including Postgresql.
* Experience with NoSql Databases such as MongoDB and Elasticsearch a plus
* Professional experience in administering, managing, and tuning databases
* Good understanding of data and schema standards and concepts
* Good understanding of database design, implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance
* Expertise in SQL
* Experience with Python preferred

If you're interested, send your resume to our Senior Recruiter Amy Quek, at aquek@d2.com. We love to hear from you!

Deke Kincaid | Director of Software | dkincaid@d2.com |
O:  1.310.314.2918 |  C:  1.310.883.4313|