Re: Postgresql Split Brain: Which one is latest - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vikas Sharma
Subject Re: Postgresql Split Brain: Which one is latest
Date
Re: Postgresql Split Brain: Which one is latest  ("Jehan-Guillaume (ioguix) de Rorthais" <ioguix@free.fr>)
List pgsql-general
Max count is one way (vague I agree), before confirming I will ask the application owner to have a look on data in tables as well.

Regards

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018, 17:55 Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 04/10/2018 09:47 AM, Vikas Sharma wrote:
> Thanks Adrian and Edison, I also think so. At the moment I have 2
> masters, as soon as slave is promoted to master it starts its own
> timeline and application might have added data to either of them or
> both, only way to find out correct master now is the instance with max
> count of data in tables which could incur data loss as well. Correct me
> if wrong please?

Not sure max count is necessarily a valid indicator:

1) What if there was a legitimate large delete process?

2) The application/end users where looking at two different views of the
data at different points in time. Just because the count is higher does
not mean the data is actually valid.