Re: [GENERAL] Date time value error in Ms Access using pass through queries - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From c k
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Date time value error in Ms Access using pass through queries
Date
List pgsql-admin
As I have connected to postgres from MS Access, it thrown the error.
Now I have updated ODBC driver, still same problems comes for 9.1 and not for 9.0. There should be some thing that has changed in 9.1 release which prevents from auto-conversion of format of date from client to server.
From package I have installed postgres 9.1 using EnterpriseDB one click installer.
ODBC driver has version 9.0.3.10
Should I file a bug for this?

Regards,
C P Kulkarni

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 7:42 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:25:40 am c k wrote:
> It shows error as 'Date/time value out of range' and gives the actual part
> of the sql statement which contains date as the details.

What program threw the error, Access,ODBC or Postgres?

> I have installed both databases at different locations on same drive on
> Fedora 15 and accessing it from Windows Xp virtual machine.
> And both databases from 9.0. and 9.1 have same structure and and it is
> found that this problem comes for all date columns for 9.1. There is no
> such problem for 9.0 at all.

Define install, from source or package?

> When same query is executed from PgAdmin it executed successfully for 9.1.
> So the error may be in ODBC driver and some things related to date data
> type may be changed in 9.1.

What version of the ODBC driver are using?

FYI, there is a Postgres ODBC list:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-odbc/

--
Adrian Klaver