Re: New and unified 9.5 spec file is in git - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: New and unified 9.5 spec file is in git
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
On 21 January 2016 at 04:18, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:
> This is the main patch of interest:
>
> https://github.com/2ndQuadrant/pgdg-pgrpms/commit/60524156129b27b9cf3
> 836621a0d05afb658d60e

Oh, why do we need -devel packages for postgresql95-devel package?

So that when you install the postgresql95-devel package it's reliably usable.

If we don't depend on gettext-devel etc, then where PostgreSQL uses those headers in its own headers you'll get errors at compile time unless they happen to be installed because of the requirements of other unrelated packages.