Re: Docs build-depends missing from PostgreSQL spec file - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Docs build-depends missing from PostgreSQL spec file
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum

On 13 April 2015 at 15:40, Jozef Mlich <jmlich@redhat.com> wrote:
On Thu, 2015-04-09 at 13:36 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:

> During some unrelated testing I noticed that the build-deps for the
> docs are missing from the PostgreSQL spec files.
>

> The following entries should be added to ensure that the docs can be
> built reliably:
>

> BuildRequires: openjade
>
> BuildRequires: opensp
> BuildRequires: docbook-dtds
> BuildRequires: docbook-style-dsssl
> BuildRequires: libxslt

Dear Craig,

We are using ./generate-pdf.sh instead of spec file.

These BuildRequires are necessary for the man pages and HTML docs, not just the PDF.

They should be present, at least if the doc subpackage is enabled. There's nothing wrong with putting them inside a conditional section that only gets evaluated if the docs are being built, of course.