9.5alpha2 published to trusty-pgdg? - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Craig Ringer
Subject 9.5alpha2 published to trusty-pgdg?
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Hi all

Was 9.5alpha2 published to trusty-pgdg, such that a user could get it
with "apt-get install postgresql-9.5" ?

I've seen a few people complaining that their PostgreSQL stopped
working after "aptitude upgrade" with complaints of incompatible
catalog versions, and it turns out they were running 9.5alpha2 and had
it broken by updating to 9.5beta1.

I'm a bit concerned about publishing the alphas in the same repository
and update channel, if that's what happend. It lets people install
them without having to knowingly enable a testing repository or in
some other way having to explicitly understand "we might change the
data format if we feel like it". If they've seen "PostgreSQL 9.5"
floating around they might well not realise it's not actually baked
yet.