Re: Difference between UDR and BDR replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Difference between UDR and BDR replication
Date
List pgsql-general
On 28 January 2016 at 21:16, Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 6:32 PM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 28 January 2016 at 19:16, Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Can somebody please help me understand the difference between UDR and BDR with examples?

BDR is for multiple masters that all replicate to each other.

UDR takes data from one server and copies it to another. One way. (By the way, I strongly advise you to now use pglogical instead of UDR).

BDR:

  A <==> B

UDR/pglogical:

  A ==> B

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the explanation. Does it mean UDR is Master to Slave replication?

Correct. Please use either PostgreSQL's built-in streaming replication features or pglogical instead, though.  If you're not sure which, use the built-in replication features.