Re: eXtensible Transaction Manager API - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: eXtensible Transaction Manager API
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 31 October 2015 at 17:22, konstantin knizhnik
<k.knizhnik@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

> Waiting for your feedback

For anyone wondering about performance impact, there are some graphs
on page 23 of the PDF presentation. I didn't see anything else, and
the graphs don't seem to cover comparison of Pg with the XTM
transaction manager hooks and no DTM enabled vs Pg without the hooks,
i.e. the hook overhead its self.

Have you done much work on that? Personally I wouldn't expect to see
any meaningful overhead, but I'd really like to have numbers behind
that.