Re: How to keep queries low latency as concurrency increases - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: How to keep queries low latency as concurrency increases
Date
Re: How to keep queries low latency as concurrency increases
List pgsql-performance
On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 5:11 PM, Catalin Iacob <iacobcatalin@gmail.com> wrote:

> pgbouncer 1.4.2 installed from Ubuntu's packages on the same machine
> as Postgres. Django connects via TCP/IP to pgbouncer (it does one
> connection and one transaction per request) and pgbouncer keeps
> connections open to Postgres via Unix socket.

Isn't pgbouncer single-threaded?

If you hitting it with tiny queries as fast as possible from 20
connections, I would think that it would become the bottleneck.

Cheers,

Jeff