Re: pgbench - allow backslash-continuations in custom scripts - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: pgbench - allow backslash-continuations in custom scripts
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 1:22 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
On 06/21/2015 01:37 PM, Fabien COELHO wrote:

>> The worst case with pgbench is that we break two people's test scripts,
>> they read the release notes, and fix them.
>
> Sure, I agree that breaking pgbench custom scripts compatibility is no
> big deal, and having pgbench consistent with psql is useful.

... apparently nobody disagrees ...

I'm fine re-punctuating my current scripts.  And since pgbench doesn't have to be version-matched to the server it connects to, people can just keep using the older version if they want to against a new server.

Are there other breaking changes we have been wanting to make?  If so, should we try to get them all in during the same release?

Cheers,

Jeff