Re: [PERFORM] Very poor read performance, query independent - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: [PERFORM] Very poor read performance, query independent
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 7:03 AM, Charles Nadeau <charles.nadeau@gmail.com> wrote:

The problem I have is very poor read. When I benchmark my array with fio I get random reads of about 200MB/s and 1100IOPS and sequential reads of about 286MB/s and 21000IPS.

That doesn't seem right.  Sequential is only 43% faster?  What job file are giving to fio?

What do you get if you do something simpler, like:

time cat ~/$PGDATA/base/16402/*|wc -c

replacing 16402 with whatever your biggest database is.

Cheers,

Jeff