Re: PostgreSQL optimizer use seq scan instead of pkey index only scan(in queries with postgres_fdw) - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: PostgreSQL optimizer use seq scan instead of pkey index only scan(in queries with postgres_fdw)
Date
In response to Re: PostgreSQL optimizer use seq scan instead of pkey index only scan(in queries with postgres_fdw)  (Vitaly Baranovsky <barvetalforums@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-performance
On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 11:38 AM Vitaly Baranovsky <barvetalforums@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you, Jeff!

We'll be looking forward to the next version of Postgres in this case.

As far as I understand, you've answered about sending filtering condition to a foreign server... Could you, please, clarify about another (the first) part of my question? Why the server choose seq scan instead of pk key index only scan for the local table?

Thank you

Aren't those the same thing?  The foreign server can't use the where clause, if it doesn't get sent.

Cheers,

Jeff