Re: document effect of USAGE on foreign server to dblink - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: document effect of USAGE on foreign server to dblink
Date
List pgsql-docs

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 11:43 AM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 11:33:03AM -0500, Jeff Janes wrote:
> I think that the permissions around the usage of foreign server names as
> connection names in dblink should be documented, as in the attached.

Uh, this looks like an odd place to document it, since this part is
talking about permissions.

Yes, giving this permission gives you usage of it in a place that is non-obvious, and that the doc  doesn't mention.  Isn't the place about permission the correct place to document these non-obvious permissions?

Cheers,

Jeff