Re: Memory size - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: Memory size
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 5:48 AM, dangal <danielito.gallo@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear some consultation, I have a base of about 750 GB in size and we are
having problem of slowness in certain views of the application, so I have
been seeing it is apparently a memory problem because if I run again the
view runs fast, the base is in a virtual server with 24 GB of RAM and 8 GB
of shared buffer, with this information how much would you recommend to put
a memory in the server

There is no way to answer that with the information you provide.

Are the "certain views" run with different supplied parameters on different executions, or are they run with no parameters or unchanging ones?

How long can you wait between the first run and the second run before the second run is no longer fast?

Cheers,

Jeff