Using copy/paste from pgAdmin 4 - getting character - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Matthew Dahlman
Subject Using copy/paste from pgAdmin 4 - getting character
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hello,
pgAdmin is not behaving as I would like it to in one respect. I'd like to understand if this is a bug.

I'm having trouble using copy/paste from pgAdmin 4. The symptom is that I get the character (Zero Width No-break Space ) aka <U+FEFF> prepended to any string I copy.

The workaround is to paste and then delete that first character. But in practice this is cumbersome. Question 1: can anyone help me to prevent the FEFF character from sneaking into the clipboard whenever I copy anything in pgAdmin?

Question 2: Should I log this as a bug? A feature request? Don't log it? (Sorry, "question 2" contains 3 questions.)

I'm using Mac OS X 10.11.6 (El Capitan) with pgAdmin 2.1 using Python 2.7.10 (default, Jul 30 2016, 19:40:32).

Thanks for any guidance,
Matt

P.S. Yesterday I could not find this group, so I posted my question here:
Andriy M suggests that this is probably intended behavior. But I'm hoping it's at least configurable somehow.