Re: JsonB Gin Index is very large; is there a work around? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Larry White
Subject Re: JsonB Gin Index is very large; is there a work around?
Date
List pgsql-general
Ok Thank you.

FWIW, the documents (which I can't share) consist mainly of a long list of integers in the form {"n":"41515920318427252715"}, so they really are outliers.

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 5:09 PM, Peter Geoghegan <peter.geoghegan86@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 1:53 PM, Larry White <ljw1001@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there anyway to index a subset of the data in a JSONB column? I'm
> thinking of something like declaring certain paths to be indexed?

Yes. See the expression index example in the jsonb documentation.

--
Regards,
Peter Geoghegan