pgbench functions as extension - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject pgbench functions as extension
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Has anybody worked on making the pgbench internal functions available
as extensions ?

I mean the ones from " Built-In Functions" [*]

Some of these are probably available in other extensions or even as
builtins but having things like hash_fnv1a() or random_zipfian() which
are guaranteed to have exact same behaviour as the ones in bundled
pgbench would enable more work to be pushed to database and generally
resu;lt in better interoperability for tests.

------
[*] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/pgbench.html#PGBENCH-BUILTIN-FUNCTIONS

-----
Hannu Krosing
Google Cloud - We have a long list of planned contributions and we are hiring.
Contact me if interested.