Re: Recovery from Archive files - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ian Harding
Subject Re: Recovery from Archive files
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 11:42 AM, Raghavendra
<raghavendra.rao@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 11:58 PM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 10/20/11 2:33 AM, Raghavendra wrote:
>>>
>>> Am assuming you are having $PGDATA (data directory) and their WAL
>>> Archives.
>>
>> he said he does not have the base backup ($PGDATA), so this is pointless.
>
> Ahh.. Agreed.
> I mis-read, I though he is trying to recovery from current DATA directory
> and not with base backup which he doesn't have it.
> ---
> Regards,
> Raghavendra
> EnterpriseDB Corporation
> Blog: http://raghavt.blogspot.com/

I thought if you had every log file ever generated from initdb, you
could initdb, and start replaying logs?  It's an odd scenario, but I
thought I heard that could work... Come to think of it, I think that
was an Oracle thing I heard... but still.. if you had every log
file....

- Ian