Replication to tmpfs mount - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Stu
Subject Replication to tmpfs mount
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hello,

I'm having a curious problem, I have set up 3 servers - a master and two slaves using the built in replication options. Everything works as expected, when I make changes on the master and the slaves automatically are updated. My next task was to have one of the slave databases running in memory only - I mounted a tmpfs to /home/faster on one slave and left /home/faster as a regular folder on the master and slave.

When creating a database using the new Namespace the slave without the tmpfs mount works fine however the one using the tmpfs does not, I get a message telling my the namespaces subdirectory is not found. Indeed when I look on the server it has not replicated anything to the tmpfs share - other databases using the default namespace continue to work as expected.

Workaround - I scped the namespace as a tarball from the master to the slave and extracted it into the tmpfs mount. This somehow fixes the problem as once that has been done I can create other databases in that Namespace, make changes etc. Everything appears to replicate after I do the SCP.

Anyone have any experience with this - I am a beginner so could be missing something obvious without realising it.There does not appear to be any helpful syslog messages.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Version = 9.2.4-1PGDG.rhel6
(Red Hat 6.4 x64)