Re: [PERFORM] How Can I check PostgreSQL backup is successfully ornot ? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Rick Otten
Subject Re: [PERFORM] How Can I check PostgreSQL backup is successfully ornot ?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Although it doesn't really tell if the pg_dump was successful (you'll need to do a full restore to be sure), I generate an archive list.  If that fails, the backup clearly wasn't successful, and if it succeeds, odds are pretty good that it worked:

-- bash code snippet --
archiveList=`pg_restore -l ${backupFolder}`
if [[ ! ${archiveList} =~ "Archive created at" ]]
then
    echo "PostgreSQL backup - Archive List Test Failed for ${hostName}:${dbName}"
    echo "Archive listing:"
    echo ${archiveList}
    exit 1
fi