lost administrator privileges after postgres installation! - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Graham Johnson
Subject lost administrator privileges after postgres installation!
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

I installed Postgres on saturday while installing Poker Tracker 4. It seems
since then I have lost all administrator privileges on my account. I can't
install/uninstall programs, can't run anything as administrator and if I
click anything that requires administrator privileges nothing happens.
While I can still perform tasks not requiring admin privileges (firefox,
media player, 888poker etc.) I now ironically cannot run Poker tracker
either as it requires admin approval. I am running Windows 7.
Have you heard of this issue before? Any help would be appreciated
Here are some forum threads of people who have had a similar issue due to
postgres. All of them had to format their harddrives back to factory state:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-reports/421881-asap-i-
lost-my-admin-permission-hm2-install-windows-8-a-print.html
http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/27809-i-lost-
my-admin-privileges-bad-postgres-installation.html
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/48/computer-technical-
help/win-7-installed-postgres-lost-admin-rights-1323974/
Please if you find any solution to this other than having to restore my
system to factory settings I would be over the moon.
Regards,

Graham