Keyboard shortcut challenges - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Aditya Toshniwal
Subject Keyboard shortcut challenges
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi Hackers,

I'm working on removing the usage of Access Keys(which varies based on OS and Browser combination) for keyboard shortcuts and instead use shortcuts similar to all other IDEs.
The challenge here is OS. MacOS has an extra key - Meta, which pgAdmin doesn't take as part of keyboard shortcut currently. In fact, Mac can take Ctrl separately.
pgAdmin can run as a web app so it's even more difficult. It is not possible to have multiple shortcuts based on the OS of the browser.
I suggest we consider Ctrl as Meta when running on a Mac.
Please let me know what you think.

image.png

--
Thanks,