Re: [pgAdmin][RM7016]: Port Dependent, dependencies, statistics panel to React. - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Aditya Toshniwal
Subject Re: [pgAdmin][RM7016]: Port Dependent, dependencies, statistics panel to React.
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

Hi Pradip,

We're moving towards React and not just replacing the UI HTML and keeping everything as it is. The current porting does not help when in future we remove wcDocker :
1.  'underscore', 'jquery', 'backbone', 'pgadmin.alertifyjs', 'pgadmin.backgrid' these should not be referred to at all after porting.

2. I can still see this code in the files:

// Defining Backbone Model for Dependencies.
var Model = Backbone.Model.extend({
  defaults: {
    icon: 'icon-unknown',

3. Since we're also removing jQuery - $.ajax should not be used.
$.ajax({
  url: url,
  type: 'GET',
})

4. There is no need for 2 files - dependencies.js and DependenciesComponent.jsx.

There should be only one file - Dependencies.jsx.

5. There is no need to create Modules for dependencies. Dependencies should be directly mounted using (ReactDOM.render) from panel.js - handleVisibility

6. All other required logic should go inside - Dependencies.jsx. Just pass the required info to the Dependencies.jsx  component.

7. I have not checked the other two panels but I'm assuming that its done the same way.

7. The UI does not look good.
Screenshot 2022-01-05 at 1.54.31 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-01-05 at 1.26.31 PM.png