Re: Is it possible to direct pgadm4 installer to use the /var folder within postrgres GUIX System Home folder? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Aditya Toshniwal
Subject Re: Is it possible to direct pgadm4 installer to use the /var folder within postrgres GUIX System Home folder?
Date
In response to Is it possible to direct pgadm4 installer to use the /var folder within postrgres GUIX System Home folder?  ("Periklis F. Didaskalou" <periklis.f@yandex.com>)
List pgadmin-support
Hi Periklis,

You can configure:
DATA_DIR
LOG_FILE
SQLITE_PATH
SESSION_DB_PATH
STORAGE_DIR

On Thu, Aug 4, 2022 at 7:14 AM Periklis F. Didaskalou <periklis.f@yandex.com> wrote:
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone else is using pgadmin on a Guix System machine.

I managed to edit the postgresql config file to point to a /var folder within posgres's account.

Now I'd like to do the same with pgadmin4's need of /var/lib and /var/log under that local /var folder in postgres's Home folder.

I must admit I didn't dig very much through the pgadmin documentation. I just searched for /var/lib and /var/log.

Guix System doesn't allow even root to add/alter anything under root level /var.  You can, and it'll persist, but only until the
next reboot. Fortunately Guix System allowed me to mount a second 4TB drive for postgres; which does persist.

I'm trying here first before asking within a Guix System list.

Peri/Periklis

--
Thanks,
Aditya Toshniwal