Re: The need for clustered indexes to boost TPC-V performance - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Robert Klemme
Subject Re: The need for clustered indexes to boost TPC-V performance
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 1:13 AM, Reza Taheri <rtaheri@vmware.com> wrote:

> Checking online, the subject of clustered indexes for PostgreSQL comes up
> often. PGSQL does have a concept called “clustered table”, which means a
> table has been organized in the order of an index. This would help with
> sequential accesses to a table, but has nothing to do with this problem.
> PGSQL folks sometimes refer to what we want as “integrated index”.

I do understand this correctly that we are speaking about the concept
which is known under the term "index organized table" (IOT) in Oracle
land, correct?

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e25789/indexiot.htm#CBBJEBIH

Kind regards

robert